Stow Lower Village Complete Streets Improvements, Stow
Town of Stow
HSH developed a $1M complete streets improvement project for the Town’s Lower Village district. Collaborating closely with the Town Planner and abutters, we developed a plan that fosters economic development in the area while retaining the important rural characteristics of Great Road (Route 117). Features of the plan and design included:
• Improved pedestrian access with new sidewalks and protected crosswalks;
• Upgraded drainage system and improved stormwater management;
• Encouragement of bicycle use as a travel mode for residents with bike lanes;
• Traffic calming to lower traffic speeds through the Lower Village; and
• Improved wearing surface along the roadway pavement.
The planning and design work is complete and was submitted as a MassWorks grant application for construction funding.